Friday, May 7, 2010

Placing your website online 1/3

Hello my TESL 565 friends,
If you want to place your website on-line, read this guide. It is absolutely free (to do both, read this guide and to place your site on-line).

First you need to get some on-line space. To do this, I recommend http://www.000webhost.com/. If you are one of those who like to type everything [zero zero zero webhost dot com].

Now, click on Sign Up!
Now, you see this screen. Take a good look and a deep breath.




First, you ignore the "I want to host my own domain" don't touch that, if you did touch it just leave it blank, and slap the hand that clicked on it.

You need to chose a name for your website

*******************************************************
Highly technical intermission
*******************************************************
by name I mean:

http://www.[name].you get something random here .com
You really do get something random there, unless you pay.
********************************************************
End of highly technical intermission
********************************************************

Example: Lets say you want to name your website "iloveapa" (I love APA), who doesn't.
Then
In the box titled "or I will chose your free subdomain (recommended)"
You type "iloveapa"

Your website will be:
http://www.iloveapa.comlu.com
"comlu" is the random part I was talking about

Now you need to fill out your name, I can't really help you with that (sorry).
...
Now your email address
...
Now chose a password, noooooo don't tell me.
...
Now type in the password again (yes, the same one).
...
Now enter the number you see in the image. This is to stop spamers.
...
And check "I agree to terms of service".

You should see something like this:


Click on create account

Now, don't touch anything just WAIT, WAIT. Don't click on anything until I tell you.
After a short wait, you should see a site that says

"Account details overview"
You finished the first step.
Congratulations

Voila, proceed to step 2/3

No comments:

Post a Comment